Hospitality and Tourism Management at PIHMS
PIHMS offer degree and diploma courses that are designed to fast track students into management or specialized positions within the hospitality, tourism and hotel industry. They have been operating for 25 years.
- a one year level 5 diploma
- a two year level 6 diploma
- a three year degree
Specifically PIHMS run courses in these areas:
- Hotel Management
The campus is based in a hotel in New Plymouth that is operated for and by students, which is unique in NZ.
The benefits of this are:
- you get to experience being both a guest and a host in your learning environment (exclusive to PIHMS)
- Practical training in the PIHMS Hotel
- practical experience of running a business/commerce/management
AT PIHMS you will participate in hospitality, tourism and hotel employment throughout their study:
- Two 6 month Paid Hotel Internships (exclusive to PIHMS)
- Job opportunities across NZ, Australia and the UK.
- Earn up to $55,000 during your study on the Paid Hotel Internships
PIHMS is the only training provider where you graduate with a degree and one year of paid work experience.
In a recent survey PIHMS did of their graduates, 96% of their students gained employment within 3 months.
Every year PIHMS run 4 day 3 night Career Weeks at campus during the school holidays. These cost $99 (for South Island students) plus the cost of your travel to get there.
To register and find out more click here
Brittany and Kate on their Paid Industry Placement in London (2019)
How to Apply:
Intake Dates for 2021
25 January 2021
19 April 2021
5 July 2021
27 September 2021
You need to have:
- NCEA Level 2
- 10 literacy and 10 numeracy credits at Level 1
- be 17.5 years at the time of intake
- business or economics
Apply here: www.pihms.ac.nz/online-application.html