Ready to leave Nelson College
Students have researched several career options over their secondary school years and are now making informed decisions on options available to them.
Students work to develop plans that link learning, education, and work to move towards their future career goals.
With support, students identify the knowledge and skills required and use the resources available to them to independently secure their next step.
There a number of activities to complete during the year, the Careers team at Nelson College can direct you to the appropriate seminars, open days, liaison visits, experiences, job opportunities and apprenticeships during the year. These are well advertised on this site under tab ‘Upcoming Events’, as well as the College Daily notices.
Where are you at?
- Do you have a plan?
- Do you have a CV?
- What is your highest Academic achievement?
- Do you have, or are working towards gaining your Drivers License?
- Have you completed NCEA Level 1?
- Do you have literacy and numeracy?
- Are you over 16?
- Have you had a discussion with some key people in your life? Your Parents/Caregiver? Dean? Careers Advisor?
- Do you have fulltime paid work to go too?
- Have you considered some certificate or foundational level courses at your local Polytech
- Have you completed NCEA Level 2?
- Have you completed NCEA Level 3?
- Do you have University Entrance – you may consider further tertiary study or heading to University
Do you have no idea what you want to do?
Have you had any thoughts?
Have you talked to your Parents/Caregiver, Careers at school? What do you think of their ideas?
- We love know where you are going and what you are up to! Complete this form when you leave Nelson College Student Destination Data form
- Join the Nelson College Old Boys FB page Nelson College old boys Facebook page
Go follow your dreams!